Chartered College of Teaching

What type of membership is best for you?

Answer a few quick questions to find out which membership category you're eligible for.

Question 1: Are you currently working within the UK or Ireland, or a British Overseas Territory or Crown Dependency, or a Services Education setting or British School abroad?

Why are we asking this question?
Certain categories of membership are only available to those who are working in the UK, while other categories may be better suited to those working abroad.
I'm not sure if where I am is covered by this list.
The UK's Crown Dependencies are the Bailiwick of Guernsey, the Bailiwick of Jersey, and the Isle of Man. The list of Overseas Territories can be found at here on the offical Foreign & Commonwealth Office website.
Still not sure? Get in touch with us at and we'll be happy to help.